Highlights of the Extended Care Program
Calvin Christian School’s Extended Care Program strives to provide quality Christian supervision, as well as enrichment opportunities for Calvin students before and after the regular school day by:
- Developing physical, creative, emotional, educational, spiritual, and social needs through a variety of activities.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment.
- Providing a professional, Christian staff to interact with and guide students.
- Providing activities that reflect the broad range of students’ developmental stages, interests and talents.
Hours for Extended Care are from 6:30 – 8:15 am; and from 3:00 – 6:00 pm.
- Any Calvin Student is welcome to enroll in the Extended Care Program on a regular or as needed basis.
- Registration fees are $30 per student or $40 for a family.
- Families receive a monthly bill included with their tuition statement and are charged by the hour to the nearest quarter hour for time used in Extended Care.
- Hourly fees are $5.50 for one student, $7.85 for two and $9.95 for three or more students. A late fee of $1 per minute will be assessed after 6:10 pm.
- A registered adult or family member will sign students in and out each day.
Extended Care meets in three rooms, divided by age, and their daily schedule for After Care includes the following:
- PK3 - 1st grade: snack, recess, devotions and singing, activities, creative play, reading, board games, puzzles and computer time
- 2nd - 3rd grade: reading/homework time, devotions, recess, snack, free play, activities, board games, puzzles, etc
- 4th - 8th grade: snack, devotions, recess, homework time, activities/board games/computer time
A variety of group activities are planned for PK3 – 3rd grade students each month. Daily activities include cooking, computers, math games, art, music, knitting, science experiments, and more. Enrichment opportunities are available for 4th – 8th grade students as homework time allows. Students work on computer and art projects, Bible studies, service projects, cooking and more. Emails are sent out regularly to inform you of special Extended Care events.
The Extended Care Program follows Calvin’s calendar and Discipline Policy and regularly communicates with teachers and administration. Please contact 331-5027 x344 with any questions or concerns.